109 North Main Street
Pontotoc, MS 38863-2103

Forms and Publications

Getting Connected...

Whether you are moving into the area or just changing addresses within Pontotoc County, sometimes you lose track of all the details that must be attended to in one move. This list will keep those much-needed numbers in one place so you can quickly contact all the right people at the right places to make the move to your new home much easier. Pontotoc's utility department offers water/sewer, gas and garbage pick-up. Anyone applying for services must appear in person at Pontotoc City Hall with a State issued identification card.

City of Pontotoc

Garbage Pickup Once weekly inside the city limits. $12.30 minimum. Anyone applying for services mst appear in person at Pontotoc City Hall with a state-issued identification.
Water/Sewer Water/Sewer service provided inside Pontotoc city limits and to a small portion of the county.
Water inside city limits - $50 deposit (refundable/transferable) if you own your property; $75 installation/inspection fee (non-refundable/non-transferable) for rental property.
Water outside city limits - $100 deposit (non-refundable/non-transferable) if you own your property; $125 installation /inspection fee (non-refundable/non-transferable) for rental property.
Natural Gas Service covers Pontotoc, Union and some of Lee Counties.
Gas inside Pontotoc City limits - $50 Installation/Inspection fee for homeowners with existing meters (non-refundable/non-transferable); $100 Installation/Inspection fee for rental property with existing meter (non-refundable/non-transferable)
Gas outside city limits - $100 for homeowners with existing meters (non-refundable/non-transferable)
New Gas Service

Gas inside/outside city limits - $175 for owner occupied and rental property - installation fee (non-refundable/transferable)

Above fees covers first 200 feet of service line plus installation of gas meter. If new service line is over 200 feet, extra footage will be charged $1 cents per foot (2-inch line = $2 per foot) and will be billed separately.

If you have questions, you may call City Hall (662) 489-4321 and (662) 489-7805 on nights and weekends. Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) and Wednesday (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)

Call before you dig... Call 1-800-227-6477 before you dig.

Pontotoc County & Municipalities

  • The Tennessee Valley Authority is the regional electric provider. Call (662) 690-3400, (662) 690-3600, (662) 690-3500.
  • Pontotoc Electric Power Association services almost 18,000 members in six counties, which includes most of Pontotoc County. The main office is located at 12 South Main Street, Pontotoc. Call (662) 489-3211. For emergencies on nights, weekends, and holidays, call (662) 489-6711.
  • Natchez Trace Power Association services the southern part of the county toward the Chickasaw County area. Call (662) 456-3037.
  • Tombigbee Electrical Power Association services the eastern part of the county toward the Lee County area. Call (662) 842-7635.
  • Northeast Electrical Power Association services the western part of the county towards the Lafayette County area. Call (662) 234-6331.
  • The City of New Albany services the northernmost part of the county toward the Union County area. Call (662) 534-1041.
Garbage Pickup Garbage is picked up once a week door-to-door. To find out when your garbage day is or ask questions about your bills, call (662) 489-3913.

Pontotoc is serviced by rural water associations, located all across Pontotoc County.

  • East Pontotoc Water Association - Call (662) 489-0776
  • Town of Ecru Water Association - Call (662) 489-3881
  • Mud Creek Water Association - Call (662) 489-6851
  • Oak Hill Water Association - Call (662) 489-3692
  • Randolph Water Association - Call (662) 489-5825
  • Toccopola Water Association - Call (662) 489-2398 or (662) 489-6537
  • Thaxton Water Association - Call (662) 489-2398 or (662) 489-6537
  • Troy Water Association - Call (662) 489-1425
  • Algoma Water Association - Call (662) 489-8351
  • Sherman Water Association - Call (662) 489-6366
Phone Land line contact: Bell South at 1-888-757-6500. Wireless contact: Cellphone Superstore (662) 489-6960 or Radio Shack (662) 489-7700.
Cable Telephone Contact MetroCast at 1-800-457-5351.
Direct TV or DISH Network Contact Brad's Electronics (662) 488-0087 or Radio Shack (662) 489-7700.